How are you? hope your weekend is going along nicely.
Today, I am going to share few Linux command-line options which you would love to know, well, I truly get amazed when I found them. They are so common yet many developers don't know about them.
1. cp -p (preserves timestamp)
2. mkdir -p (create directory structure)
3. scp -i (file copy without password using identity file)
4. grep -c (count number of matches)
5. find -mtime (search files by modified time)
6. cd - (takes you to the previous directory)
7. pwd -P (shows the actual path for soft linked directory)
8. tail -f (seeing live updates on a file)
9. netstat -p (print process id of the process for connections)
10. The for loop ( good for automation of repeated tasks)
These are very powerful, yet very simple, make use of them and you will find your productivity improves.Read Full article